South African soap opera Generations will go off air next week after its current batch of episodes conclude, the SABC said on Sunday.
The series will resume on December 1, said the broadcaster's spokesperson, Kaizer Kganyago.
The current set of episodes feature 16 actors who last month were booted from the show after going on strike over a wage dispute.
On Friday, the fired actors approached the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) to seek reinstatement.
The City Press reported on Sunday that the new version of the series would be sans the fired actors. The newspaper reported that series producer Mfundi Vundla had apparently sent out an SMS declaring "new show is Top Secret!!".
Local drama Skeem Saam is set to replace Generations in its weekday 8 p.m. time slot in the interim.
Skeem Saam is described on the SABC 1 website as being "a blend of stories about the journey to manhood" with the "underlying premise" that "real men are made, not born."
* Fired 'Generations' Actors Seek CCMA Help; SABC Shelving The South African Soap in October
* 'Generations' Cast Fired After Striking For More Pay: Future of Popular South African Soap Opera Uncertain