The 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will be held on Sunday, April 26, 2015, with the Creative Arts ceremony taking place on Friday, April 24. Nominations will be revealed on Thursday, March 26.
* Outstanding Special Guest Performer in a Drama Series recognizes the work of an actor or actress who has made a limited number of appearances on a Daytime Drama during the 2014 Calendar year.
* Outstanding Performer in a New Approaches Drama Series recognizes the work of an actor or actress only appearing on a New Approaches Drama Series. The award will be for a lead or supporting role.
* Talk Show Hosts have been separated out into two categories: Outstanding Host in an Entertainment Talk Show and Outstanding Host in an Informative Talk Show.
* Outstanding Directing in a Game Show is returning. Game show writers will enter in to Outstanding Special Class Writing, as they did in the past.
Category Changes and Adjustments:
* Drama Performers will submit a Pre-Nomination reel of up to 4 minutes TRT, and it may consist of any clips from up to two episodes from the 2014 calendar year (previously 2 scenes).
* Younger Actress and Actor categories will NOT undergo the pre-nomination judging round.
Check out the 2014-2015 Daytime Emmy Awards calendar below:
October 23 (Thursday) - Call for entries – Entry and judging registration system available
October 29 (Wednesday) - Visit to ATAS in LA for a rules discussion/Yangaroo instructional
November 24 (Monday) - Early entry deadline
Entry Information and Payment processes must be completeVideo Upload process must be finalized by December 22, 2014(Holiday shows or shows airing after the early or final deadline, eg. Christmas Day Parade have until Wednesday, January 7th)
November 28 (Friday) - Drama performer pre-nom clips submission deadline
December 22 (Monday) - Final entry and judges' registration deadline!!!
Entry Information, Payment and Video Upload processes must be completeon all entries. (Holiday Shows, eg. Christmas Day Parade have until Wednesday, January 7th)
December 22 (Monday) - Deadline for judges to join or renew ATAS/NATAS membership
January 5 (Monday) - New Approaches categories URLs operational
January 12 (Monday) - Drama Performer pre-nom judging begins (judges have 3 weeks and 3 weekends)
January (Monday) 12 Preliminary round judging begins (judges have 3 weeks and 3 weekends)
February 2 (Monday) - Drama performer pre-nom ends/prelimary round judging ends
February 4 (Wednesday) - Drama performer pre-nom announcement
February 20 (Friday) - Deadline to receive supporting text/documents
Drama Show Synopses, Actor Synopses, Scripts, Casting documents, Music Cue Sheets, Song Lyrics
February 23 (Monday) - Deadline for blue ribbon actor reels to be uploaded
February 24 (Tuesday) - Blue ribbon judging begins
March 7 (Saturday) - Individual Achievement in Animation, Performer in Animation and Performer in a Children’s or Pre-School Children's Series Judging (LA)
March 20 (Friday) - Blue ribbon ballot submission deadline
March 26 (Thursday) - Nominations announced
April 6 (Monday) - Deadline for nomination team member additions/corrections
April 24 (Friday) - Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards
April 26 (Sunday) - Daytime Emmy Awards Telecast