The character was a described as a "Good-looking loner. He lives on a self-sustaining farm in middle America, completely off the grid.… He finds peace and joy in nature. He keeps his past as a doctor secret, hiding the truth about a traumatic tragedy from his past.”
DAYS was looking for a strong, established actor between the ages of 44-55 to fill the role.
The role was slated to begin taping in August, and due to the accelerated taping schedule for the soap, it puts Caleb in Salem anywhere between January 24, and March 8, 2017.
Has DAYS scrapped the character, or will we be introduced to Dr. Caleb Cooper in the new year?
We should find out soon.
UPDATE: Sources are telling me the role was scrapped. Caleb was set to interact with Hope (Kristian Alfonso), but the show decided to take her story in a different direction. What will that direction be? It will be revealed quite soon.
Days of our Lives airs weekdays on NBC.
Follow Serial Scoop on Twitter and Like
- 'Days of our Lives' Spoilers: Deimos Kidnaps Abby and Gabi; Chad to the Rescue
- 'Days of our Lives' 2017 Preview
- 'Days of our Lives' Spoilers: (January 9-January 13, 2017)
- 'Days of our Lives' Preview: Chad is Torn Between Gabi and Abby
- First Air Dates Set for Christie Clark and Austin Peck on 'Days of our Lives'
- Vivian Jovanni Leaving 'Days of our Lives'
- Leaked Video Reveals Abby and Dario Become Engaged on 'Days of our Lives'
- Lucas Adams Joins the Cast of 'Days of our Lives'